Tuesday, January 17, 2006

 
I guess the recent theme of the blog, that of anglo-catholicism was in part due to my anticipation of one of a series of lectures that the Uni is holding on Anglicanism. The one on anglo-catholicism was on today, and so along I toddled. I wasn't disappointed. The good old Rev Dr Simon Oliver gave a witty lecture (Anglo-catholic priests wear black. Mainly because it's slimming), with a good juicy history of Anglicanism up to the 19th centaury, as well as a brief touch upon gothic revival architecture. There were a few questions afterwards, but I had to slip out to get to a Taoism evening class. Which I almost fell asleep in. I seem to be fine with listening about Abrahamic religions, and I suspect Zoroastrianism would keep me awake. Alas, it seems that however interesting I may find, say, Daoism, I end up tired. It could just be a combination of a warm room and a long day though.
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?